Sunday, October 30, 2011

In Mali!

I have finally arrived back in Mali! Everything feels very familiar and exciting, rather like I expected it to. I can't wait to dig deeper into the cultures here by using my previous and newly obtained knowledge. I am also loving meeting the current volunteers who are here at the Peace Corps house just outside Bamako (a 45 minute drive away from the airport).

The next few weeks are going to be hectic, as expected. Turns out I will be at the PC house for only the next three days or so, then I will move into a homestay a few kilometers away and continuing pre-service training from there, with occasional visits back to the PC house. I think we were all surprised about how quickly we are moving into homestay, but I'm excited about it.

I've continued bonding with the other volunteers on the 30 hour odyssey from Philadelphia to Bamako, and I'm sad that before we know it we'll all be off at our different sites and not in so much contact with each other! Everything went as planned, and we all have arrived safe and healthy.

That's all for now, more news to come soon. One last thing - the latrines still have frogs in them.